Saturday 17 May 2014

'Amazing' Grace Launches Her Bid For Singing Stardom

LATEYSHA: "PEOPLE THINK I SING NURSERY RHYMES FOR A LIVING BUT I DON'T - I'VE GOT SO MUCH MORE TO ME THAN THAT!"

  
The Weekly Clucker tuned into watch The Valleys star Lateysha Grace's brand new video of her debut single 'You Beautiful' premiere on music video channel MTV Music this week. And we can't get the catchy 'You Beautiful' chorus out of her heads! 

Lateysha, 21, from Port Talbot dubbed the Welsh Beyoncé has teamed up with US rapper D-Jukes to kick-start her bid to step up from reality television stardom to topping the charts worldwide.

Her steamy video sees her strutting her stuff in a nightclub, honing her boxing skills in the gym, and jacking up a car in a garage. 

If 'You Beautiful', written by D-Jukes and singer-songwriter Sophia May, takes off, it could lead to Lateysha releasing an album. 

Lateysha told MTV news: "I think it's, like, a really fun song. I can see it being played in clubs and people having a good dance to it and stuff. I'm going to see how well this goes. If it goes number one or top five then I will definitely make an album and I know everyone will love it."

She said that when she revealed her plan to launch a pop career, people doubted whether she had the talent to succeed including her fellow cast members on The Valleys. 

She said: "Do you know what, I've actually got a good voice. People don't even understand. They just think I sing nursery rhymes for a living but I don't. I've got so much more to me than that. People will know once they hear my song and they will be quite shocked. All of the people off The Valleys were like 'Oh, my God Teesh, it's actually good. We didn't even think you could actually sing,' and I was like 'see, told you!"

 D-Jukes added that despite Lateysha's doubters 'everything came out good' with the single after working together in the studio, along with Sophia May.He said: "I think it's going to shock the world!"

Lateysha said: "Nobody will expect it from me really." 

The Clucker wishes Lateysha all the best with her singing career, and we'll be keeping a close eye on the charts to see how well 'You Beautiful' gets on. 

The Weekly Clucker is your home of the latest celebrity and TV gossip from Wales. If you enjoyed this blog, please follow us on Twitter @weeklyclucker.








No comments:

Post a Comment